You know what pisses me off? The fact that I know who Danica Patrick is. I don’t give a flying fuck about racing and can hardly name any good drivers, let alone anyone as mediocre as she is. But every time SportsCenter covers a racing event in which Danica Patrick competed, the main story is how she did (poorly, invariably); the winner is barely mentioned. They do the same thing with Tiger Woods, but there’s an important difference: Tiger is the greatest golfer of all time. At the time of this writing, Patrick has been in 89 races; she’s won exactly one of them and has zero titles to her name. From 2005-2009, her IndyCar ranks were 12th, 9th, 7th, 6th, and 5th; she’s currently ranked 11th in the 2010 season.
So why is she famous? Because she competes with men? It’s driving; why shouldn’t women be able to compete with men? (Then again, you could say the same thing about chess, in which women have their own competitions and titles.) And don’t say it’s because she’s attractive. Anna Kournikova, who also sucked at her sport, is attractive. As for Danica, maybe she would be considered attractive around the trailer park in which she was probably spawned, but the bitch is downright homely:
Sure, she looks passable in the magazine spreads she’s done and those godawful GoDaddy commercials, but she must spend hours in the makeup studio before those shoots. Those makeup artists are so good that they could have meathead Maxim readers jacking off to me.
Finally, what the fuck kind of name is Danica? It’s like her redneck parents were trying to decide between Danielle and Jessica and just said, “gawrsh, how ’bout both?” This is an example of the increasing trend among white people to give their kids ridiculous names. Just look at this list: the top boy name in 2009 was “Aiden.” Are you fucking kidding me? And it doesn’t stop there. Look through the list and you’ll find lots of names that fall into one or more of the following categories:
1) Last names: Madison, Carter, Taylor, Connor. These are last names. Enough said. Often overlap with…
2) Occupations: Porter, Cooper, Hunter. What’s next, “Janitor?”
3) White trash names: Hayley, Kayla, Cailyn, Kadence, Bailey. As you can see, the girls tend to get stuck with these. If you want your daughter to be a stripper, just give her one of these names, which often feature…
4) Misspellings: Natalee, Ashleigh, Allisyn, Jakob. Great way to make everyone think your kid is stupid (and they’re probably right).
5) Pussy names: Aiden, Tristan, Brayden. Giving your son one of these names increases tenfold his odds of ending up on the business end of a gloryhole.
Where did this trend come from? These retarded names are even more obnoxious than the ridiculous names black people give their children, which at least can often be original and amusing. Parents, when it comes to names, don’t try to get cute; remember that you’re not the one who’s going to have to live with the name for the rest of your life. Keep it simple and classic: Tom, Bob, Al, Mary, Alice, Beth, etc. There are plenty to choose from.